What you'll learn
- Become aware of preferences, leadership styles, and blind spots in both yourself as well as others
- Learn the importance of emotional intelligence in leadership and decision making, especially cognitive biases and the illusion of rationality
- Learn how emotional intelligence will contribute to your professional success, and discover your own personal EQ
- Understand psychological pitfalls in decision making and how you can set yourself up for success
- Learn tools and strategies for leveraging your strengths and awareness over the course of your career
Designed for first-line and mid-level managers positioned to take on increasing leadership roles in their organizations, this program analyzes the symbiotic relationship between leadership and decision making. It combines theory and practice to inform participants on how effective decisions can be made, as well as how bad decisions can be avoided. Attention will be paid to research in emotional intelligence as a framework for understanding the dual aspects of the decision-making process: intuitive vs. rational, and the respective values of both.
Participants will leave with learned tools and strategies to expand their ability to become more confident leader and decision makers.Participants will leave with learned tools and strategies to expand their ability to become more confident leader and decision makers.
Note: This online offering is a condensed version of Becoming a Leader: Developing Your Style and Making Sound Decisions and will run over two days (3.5 hours per day).
You may also like
- OnlineThe Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...