What you'll learn
- Select “appropriate” hemostatic therapy for patients presenting with acute, life-threatening hemorrhage associated with oral anticoagulation
- Identify options and limitations for appropriate hemostatic therapy for patients requiring emergent surgery while on factor Xa inhibitors based on different patient specific and surgery specific factors
- Develop clinical pathways for efficient use of hemostatic agents in the setting of anticoagulation reversal based on bleed location and severity as well as laboratory parameters
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by Harvard Medical School as part of the Contemporary Pharmacotherapy: Collaborative Clinical Explorations series. This course is targeted to pharmacists, pharmacy residents, physicians, physician assistants, clinicians, medical residents, nurses and nurse practitioners.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.
- OnlineExplore evidence-based approaches and updated guidelines regarding nutrition and behavior management using lifestyle modification...
- OnlineThis course describes the differential diagnosis of six different anxiety disorders, their common comorbid conditions, and their...