What you'll learn
- Why some partnerships succeed where others have failed
- What partnership models are best suited to what political and economic circumstances
- What tools governments can use to develop and implement politically and economically sustainable reforms
- Analysis of the opportunities and limitations involved in using private capital markets to finance infrastructure
- Regulation, including what mix of contractual and discretionary regulatory mechanisms should be used and when can governments achieve effective outcomes using market forces
Bringing together senior-level officials from the public, corporate and nonprofit sectors, this intensive two-week program examines lessons learned and best practices from public-private infrastructure development projects around the world. The program focuses on physical infrastructure, transportation and utility services. Education, health care and similar services are not directly considered.