What you'll learn
- The relationship between family engagement and improved school/student outcomes from birth through high school
- The additional benefits family engagement brings to parents, educators, and communities
- What the research shows about the importance of engaging families
In this education course, you will learn what family engagement is and why it matters to the success of students and schools. We will explore the research linking family engagement to better educational outcomes and speak directly with researchers, educators, students, and families about promising practices in the field.
Family engagement describes what families do at home and in the community to support their children’s learning and development. It also encompasses the shared partnership and responsibility between home and school.
Such engagement is essential for school improvement. It is also increasingly recognized as an integral element for proficient practice as an educator.
You may also like
- OnlineHarvard Kennedy School Dean Doug Elmendorf discusses today's most pressing challenges for leaders - from a new era of online...Free*Available now
- Online LiveThis course supports health care professionals as they adapt new technologies and approaches into the learning environment.$1,810Register byDec 20
- Online, Online LiveGain the support of HGSE faculty and a collaborative community of school leaders in a new program designed to help you prepare...$525+6 weeks longRegister byApr 12