What you'll learn
- Gain a sophisticated understanding of today’s dynamic media ecosystem and how to navigate it
- Acquire practical tools to overcome specific challenges within the media environment
- Learn new ways to communicate more effectively, both within your organization and externally with stakeholders and the broader public
- Gain deeper insight into how trust, polarization, mis- and dis-information, news deserts, and algorithms shape the media environment
- Examine how the “attention economy”, emotion, and psychological bias, affect information processing
- Improve communication strategies across differences and explore global trends in and challenges with social and media platforms including accountability issues
Led by Faculty Chair Nancy Gibbs, former Editor In Chief of TIME, Leading through the Changing Media Landscape (Online) will equip you with strategies and techniques to be more successful in an age of disinformation and mistrust. Throughout the two-week program, you will deepen your understanding of the factors that have transformed today’s information environment and those that continue to shape it every day. Considering these changes, you will also learn how to be more effective in your daily work using actionable intelligence, cutting-edge research findings, and proven tools.