What you'll learn
- To understand the core skills needed to realize a leadership role within health and related sectors to enhance mental health of populations
- To strengthen the skills for policy analysis and planning, innovative organization and management of services, human and financial resources mobilization, monitoring, accountability and sustainability of strategies and programs aimed at enhancing mental health
- To strengthen the skills for establishing and nurturing collaboration with diverse sectors and organizations to scale up mental health services
Mental Health Care Leadership: Certificate of Specialization comprises three programs, taught by local and international Harvard faculty embracing both empirical evidence and real-world lessons. It is a training and mentoring program where leaders from around the world can empower their organizations to scale-up evidence based and innovative programs to address the mental health needs of their communities with knowledge, skills, and support.
Scaling Up Mental Health Care Services is the second course offered within the Certificate of Specialization on Mental Health Leadership. Its focus is to broaden the support of those who need mental health care services by giving current and future health care leaders the core skills needed to make those changes in their organizations. This includes, but is not limited to nurturing collaborations, understanding policy analysis and planning, and developing and managing various resources.
Those who complete both Scaling Up Mental Health Care Services and Foundations of Mental Health Care—the certificate’s initial course—are invited to join a third program: a peer-learning collaborative to support and learn from one another as they embark on their journey of being champions for mental health.
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.
- OnlineThis course offers proven strategies to counsel and motivate patients to improve their cooking habits for better health.