What you'll learn
- Develop strategies to address the pandemic's negative effects on learning, executive function and overall student mental health
- Identify resources to assist children (and their families) who are dealing with anxiety, perfectionism, school avoidance and cultural stereotypes
- Outline effective techniques to communicate with LGBTQ+ students around their concerns
- Summarize a basic understanding of common pharmacotherapies for behavioral and mental disorders
- Discuss the effects of gun violence on student mental health
This course will equip participants with up-to-date knowledge and skills to enhance the emotional well-being of children and adolescents at school, as well as the well-being of larger systems and communities. Topics will cover pandemic effects on learning, navigating LGBTQ+ issues, autism & social communication, polyvagal theory, school avoidance, perfectionism and the impacts of prejudice and other traumas. We are excited to also offer an open 'Doc Roundtable' to address questions and concerns related to the latest medications, and a powerful lived experience panel on gun violence and youth activism. Participants will leave with practical and timely clinical information and skills based on emerging research, evidence-based practice and innovative learning strategies.
Mental health and health clinicians, educators, school administrators, researchers and others interested in the development and treatment of school-aged children and adolescents will gain updated knowledge and skills via a mix of didactic lectures, case studies, panel discussions and Q&A.
This accredited course is offered by Cambridge Health Alliance.This course is targeted to specialty physicians, nurses, psychologists, counselors, social Workers and marriage/family therapists.
*Register before January 5, 2023 to receive the discounted price.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis online course from Harvard Health Publishing brings you information from Harvard experts on staying mentally sharp as you...$302 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineThis Harvard Health Publishing online course propels you forward on your fitness journey, helping you create a personalized...$302 weeks longAvailable now