What you'll learn
- Religious/philosophical insights conveyed in Buddhist texts
- How scriptures are interpreted to diverse ends in different historical contexts
- Sensitive appreciation of world religions
Whether you are new to the study of Buddhism or have been studying it or practicing it for years, this course will provide you with the opportunity to become acquainted with a variety of Buddhist teachings while guiding you to think about them, and yourself, in new ways.
Through a combination of carefully selected readings, both scriptural and informational, as well as exposure to various forms of Buddhist practice such as art, devotional acts, and literary works, you will learn how to interpret, reflect upon, and apply the teachings of the Buddha to your own life and deepen your understanding of Buddhism.
You may also like
- OnlineExplore the history of navigation, from stars to satellites.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineAn overview of divination systems, ranging from ancient Chinese bone burning to modern astrology.Free*1 week longAvailable now