What you'll learn
- Basic R syntax
- Foundational R programming concepts such as data types, vectors arithmetic, and indexing
- How to perform operations in R including sorting, data wrangling using dplyr, and making plots
The first in our Professional Certificate Program in Data Science, this course will introduce you to the basics of R programming. You can better retain R when you learn it to solve a specific problem, so you’ll use a real-world dataset about crime in the United States. You will learn the R skills needed to answer essential questions about differences in crime across the different states.
We’ll cover R's functions and data types, then tackle how to operate on vectors and when to use advanced functions like sorting. You’ll learn how to apply general programming features like “if-else,” and “for loop” commands, and how to wrangle, analyze and visualize data.
Rather than covering every R skill you might need, you’ll build a strong foundation to prepare you for the more in-depth courses later in the series, where we cover concepts like probability, inference, regression, and machine learning. We help you develop a skill set that includes R programming, data wrangling with dplyr, data visualization with ggplot2, file organization with UNIX/Linux, version control with git and GitHub, and reproducible document preparation with RStudio.
The demand for skilled data science practitioners is rapidly growing, and this series prepares you to tackle real-world data analysis challenges.
You may also like
- Online, Online LiveIn this course, we look at how ongoing workplace changes related to practice, technology and data have been accelerated by the...$1,2001 week longRegister byMay 1
- OnlineLearn simple graphical rules that allow you to use intuitive pictures to improve study design and data analysis for causal...Free*9 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineLearn to use R programming to apply linear models to analyze data in life sciences.Free*4 weeks longAvailable now