What you'll learn
- Prepare community partners and researchers for effective collaboration.
- Explore the range of community-oriented research aims, concepts, tools, and practices.
- Share with and learn from co-participants in the course, with discussions delving into common preconceptions, experienced challenges, and ideas for fostering trust and mutual support.
Community engagement in research provides an opportunity for greater trust and respect to be built between academic researchers and communities and, ultimately, improved community health. Therefore, this course was designed for both researchers and community members in mind. The purpose of this online course is two-fold: to build the skills of researchers to develop trusting relationships and impactful research with the community and to prepare community partners to engage in health research.
Participants will learn key considerations when setting out to begin community-engaged research and will have the opportunity to engage in deep discussion with one another on topics in the field. Additionally, participants will hear perspectives from a myriad of seasoned researchers and community members on how to make health research more inclusive.
This course consists of three core modules that can be taken in succession or individually. These core modules will focus on:
methods and principles of community-engaged research;cultivating effective collaboration between community members and researchers;and how to incorporate community-engaged concepts into research studies and practice settings.
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis online course from Harvard Health Publishing brings you information from Harvard experts on staying mentally sharp as you...$302 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineThis Harvard Health Publishing online course propels you forward on your fitness journey, helping you create a personalized...$302 weeks longAvailable now