What you'll learn
- Explore the current state of Blockchain technologies, with particular emphasis on their potential applications in Real Estate transactions.
- Conceptually understand how Blockchain works and why it powers systems such as Cryptocurrencies, NFTs and Metaverses.
- Highlight the central role of Blockchain in modern decentralization efforts, from decentralized finance (DeFi) to decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
- Gain an understanding of how Blockchain may impact your future business, or what business opportunities Blockchain may afford you.
In recent years, we have witnessed the incredible boom (and subsequent burst) of digital cryptocurrencies, made possible by the popularization of their underlying technology: Blockchain. Blockchain and its applications have proven to be incredibly divisive, with believers defending it as the most revolutionizing invention since the internet, while detractors demonize it as fueling a world-wide Ponzi scheme. What real potential lies in Blockchain technology beneath the current layer of speculation and hype? And will it also help disrupt the current status quo in Real Estate?
This seminar will be a non-technical introduction to Blockchain technology. The main focus will be to understand how Blockchain works conceptually, its relation to systems like Cryptocurrencies, NFTs and Metaverses, and what potential impact it may have in the Real Estate industry. We will discuss topics such as decentralization, trust, smart contracts, present case studies, and speculate on the business opportunities that still remain unexplored.
You may also like
- OnlineAn introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.Free*11 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineDeveloped by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this professional credential program equips you with the skills necessary to advance...$995+Available now
- OnlineA Free Podcast SeriesFree*Available now