What you'll learn
- Determine appropriate methods for clinical evaluation and phenotyping of patients with undiagnosed conditions.
- Apply or refer patients to specialists for advanced analysis of sequencing data.
- Identify strategies for incorporating basic research into the diagnostic process or introducing appropriate research for patients.
- Recognize how data sharing efforts and patient engagement can be leveraged to improve rare disease diagnosis.
The Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN) is a research study funded by the National Institutes of Health Common Fund. Its purpose is to bring together clinical and research experts across the United States to solve the most challenging medical mysteries using advanced technologies. Through this study, we hope to help individual patients and families living with the burden of undiagnosed diseases and contribute to understanding how the human body works.
The goal of this training program is to teach methods of undiagnosed patient evaluation to students, clinicians and researchers so that they can apply them at their own institutions. After the course, they may refer particularly challenging cases to the Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN) but ideally will be able to diagnose and care for many patients with rare diseases locally.
This accredited course is offered by Blavatnik Institute. This course is targeted to any healthcare provider or researcher, especially those working with underserved populations, Primary Care Physicians and Specialty Physicians.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
*Register before April 1 to receive the discounted price.
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis online course from Harvard Health Publishing brings you information from Harvard experts on staying mentally sharp as you...$302 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineThis online course from Harvard Health Publishing outlines a simple, 6-week plan assembled by Harvard experts to overhaul your...$302 weeks longAvailable now