What you'll learn
- Apply rapport-building techniques to create a positive, supportive, and inclusive postsecondary education learning environment
- Deliver an effective, memorable lesson that bridges the knowledge gap between yourself and your students
- Raise your institutional profile as a reflective teacher through effective third-level education teaching practices
- Implement practical strategies for classroom management and lesson planning
The Higher Education Teaching Certificate, inspired by the in-person seminar program currently offered by Harvard’s Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, provides you with effective postsecondary education teaching methods. Over eight weeks, you’ll engage deeply with, and reflect on, your practices, portfolio, and journey in the higher education field. Guided by experts, you’ll explore various approaches to pedagogy, discover the most relevant research on how students learn, and broaden your range of teaching skills. Learn how to adopt a more conscious, collaborative, and refined approach to your teaching practice.
- Course and assignment design
- Using feedback to improve your teaching
- Teaching portfolio preparation
You may also like
- OnlineLearn about thinking dispositions and explore ways to encourage students to develop them.