What you'll learn
- Understand what it means to be ready to write an NIH grant.
- Understand the components of a K/R grant.
- Understand the necessity of project management to NIH grant applications.
- Understand how to write and assemble a competitive NIH K/R grant application.
This online course gives participants an overview of the NIH grant submission process. The NIH offers a range of different funding mechanisms and this course will cover general principles related to NIH grant writing, but there is a particular focus on the R01 and K series of mentored career development grants. Participants will learn from researchers who have successfully applied for NIH funding and from researchers who have served on study sections. Course topics include:
Developing an NIH-fundable research topicWriting the sections of the R01 or K mentored career development grantEffective project managementWorking with grant administrators and collaborators to assemble the grantNIH peer review process
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.
- OnlineThis course offers proven strategies to counsel and motivate patients to improve their cooking habits for better health.