What you'll learn
- Understand emerging best-practices in physical workplace design.
- Explore the role that technology plays in workplace redesign and operations, in both the design, delivery, and ongoing assessment of performance.
- Understand the constellation of tools that enable increasingly beneficial redesign and recalibration of workplaces to workforce needs.
- Learn proven practices for shaping and supporting the team of people that designs and continuously optimizes a high-performance workplace.
Divided into three modules — Spaces, Tools, and Practices — the course will use a scaffolded approach to engage both specialists and non-specialists, providing participants regardless of background with the resources to take actionable steps towards transforming their own workplaces.
Day 1, Spaces – Participants will explore the evolution and future of the physical workplace – including hybrid and remote-first models – drawing upon their own organizations and experiences to inform the discussion. Spoiler alert: one size does not fit all.
Day 2, Tools – Participants will examine how technology is changing the way workplaces are designed, delivered, and operated. Of particular interest will be recent technologies that allow us to quantify and measure the performance of a design, enabling individuals and organizations to understand the impact of their spaces on their people, ultimately using these insights to make decisions about what to keep and what to change in their designs both in real time and in the future.
Day 3, Practices – The way organizations work are as much designed things as are spaces and software. We will explore new ways in which companies can collaboratively engage and support their most valuable asset — their people.
You may also like
- OnlineLearn about the development of 2D and 3D interactive games in this hands-on course, as you explore the design of games such as...Free*12 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineDeveloped by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this professional credential program equips you with the skills necessary to advance...$995+Available now
- OnlineA Free Podcast SeriesFree*Available now