What you'll learn
- Identify the causes of racial disparities grounded in historical instances of segregation in health care
- Use the Kotter method to identify organizational gaps and needs, create a vision for change, and implement an executable strategy to close disparities
- Learn how to collect and analyze data unique to underserved populations to inform organizational change
- Gain greater knowledge regarding how continued inequality affects overall quality and cost of care
- Create a vision to obtain stakeholder buy-in and a strategic framework to implement solutions leading to high-value equitable health care
How does your organization address racial equity and access to health care? Is diversity, bias, and inclusion a common conversation or evaluation to improve delivery? How do you address these difficult topics with your leadership and board members?
Racial disparity in the United States health care industry isn’t a new topic; for decades researchers have focused on quality of care, access, and safety of people of color versus their white counterparts. While in recent years quality and access has improved in the U.S. thanks to initiatives like the Affordable Care Act, there is still a gap in the quality of care different groups receive. It’s vital to continue closing the biases and disparities in health care through education, communication, and action.
In Reducing Racial Disparities in Health Care, you will not only examine the disparities that exist when serving a diverse population, but also approach each inequity head-on to learn more about the causes and how to eliminate these issues. By focusing on data collection and performance measurements unique to your organization, you will identify how core issues in care quality of ethnic and racial minority groups, which are often multifactorial in nature, contribute to poorer health outcomes, lead to higher costs, and exemplify low-value health care.
Offered in conjunction with the Disparities Solutions Center at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), this course will use real-world examples, case studies, and insights from leaders in the field to help you digest the latest in understanding racial disparities in health care—allowing you to create strategic approaches that you can apply to your organization. You will learn how to harness and analyze data, how to visualize and communicate the results, and use feedback from stakeholders to begin closing the gap.
Remove racial biases and barriers. Improve equality in health care.
You may also like
- OnlineDeveloped by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this professional credential program equips you with the skills necessary to advance...$995+Available now
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis online course from Harvard Health Publishing brings you information from Harvard experts on staying mentally sharp as you...$302 weeks longAvailable now