What you'll learn
- Gain a historical perspective of nonprofit fundraising and charitable giving patterns in the U.S. and globally including legal structures
- Understand the psychology and science behind why people give
- Strengthen donor acquisition and retention skills
- Examine fundraising methods for annual funds, capital funds, direct mail, and other types of fundraising
- Form effective strategies for corporate and foundation fundraising
- Explore digital fundraising methods such as crowdfunding, use of social media platforms, and others
The curriculum relies heavily on active experiential learning and is grounded in real-world situations fundraisers face today. Participants will be immersed in lively, interactive sessions, small-group discussions, group work, lecture, and opportunities to practice and hone new skills. Self-paced readings and multimedia assignments will be required prior to live, online sessions.