What you'll learn
- Understand what’s needed to redesign your specific workplace in light of the move towards a hybrid workplace future.
- Understand emerging best-practices in physical workplace design.
- Explore the role that technology plays in workplace redesign, in both the design, delivery, and ongoing assessment of performance
- Understand the constellation of tools that enable increasingly beneficial redesign and recalibration of workplaces to workforce needs
- Learn proven practices for shaping the team of people that designs and continuously optimizes a high-performance workplace
Divided into three modules -- Offices, Technology, and People -- the course will use a scaffolded approach to engage both specialists and non-specialists, providing participants regardless of background with the resources to take actionable steps towards transforming their own workplaces.
Day 1, Offices (Space Stack) – Participants will explore the evolution and future of the physical workplace – including hybrid and remote-first models – drawing upon their own organizations and experiences to inform the discussion. Spoiler alert: one size does not fit all.
Day 2, Technology (Tech Stack) – Participants will examine how technology is changing the way workplaces are designed, delivered, and operated. Of particular interest will be recent technologies that allow us to quantify and measure the performance of a design, enabling individuals and organizations to understand the impact of their spaces on their people, ultimately using these insights to make decisions about what to keep and what to change in their designs both in real time and in the future.
Day 3, People (Team Stack) – Organizations are as much designed things as are spaces and software. We will explore new ways in which organizations can structure the teams responsible for planning, designing, delivering, operating, and managing their offices, ultimately shaping the experience and performance of an organization’s most valuable asset, its people.
You may also like
- OnlineLearn about the development of 2D and 3D interactive games in this hands-on course, as you explore the design of games such as...Free*12 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineDeveloped by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this professional credential program equips you with the skills necessary to advance...$995+Available now
- OnlineA Free Podcast SeriesFree*Available now