What you'll learn
- Identify and apply personal leadership strategies to better balance responsibilities as a leader with elevated responsibility.
- Build team leadership skills, including motivating and engaging their teams more successfully.
- Develop stronger client relationships by more effectively collaborating with, managing, and supporting clients to contribute long-term success for their business.
- Understand key business concepts to influence and drive strategy at their organization.
The Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully advance to the next level of leadership. The program focuses on four dimensions: personal, people and team, practice, and client leadership. The skills and lessons from each dimension combine to leave participants with a holistic, actionable understanding of how to be better leaders.
Participants will join a diverse cohort of lawyers from around the world alongside renowned Harvard Law School Executive Education faculty to engage in an immersive, interactive learning experience. Through case studies, lectures, and interactive exercises, participants will examine the challenges facing early- to mid-stage law firm partners and leaders of smaller legal organizations. They will emerge with tools that they can apply as soon as they return to work.
- Course topics include:
- Personal leadership: How to have more impact as a leader by building self-awareness and a deeper understanding of how to work across differences more effectively.
- People and team leadership: How to develop, motivate, and manage people and teams more effectively, and understand and apply research-based recommendations for achieving organizational and team buy-in.
- Practice leadership: How to analyze and develop business unit strategy, build and drive internal collaboration, and develop a keen awareness of the critical levers for building a thriving practice.
- Client leadership: How to deepen and broaden client relationships and communicate more effectively with clients about value, pricing, and collaboration.
You may also like
- OnlineDeveloped by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this professional credential program equips you with the skills necessary to advance...$995+Available now
- OnlineAn overview of divination systems, ranging from ancient Chinese bone burning to modern astrology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis free online course from Harvard Kennedy School introduces approaches to analytical decision-making for policy design.Free*Available now