What you'll learn
- Engage in case-based learning with HGSE and HBS faculty on topics that include education, business, and policy
- Watch virtual case studies featuring leaders from a representative cross-section of U.S. schools and businesses, and analyze the leaders’ experiences, insights, and best practices
- Engage in interactive activities to learn and network with a diverse group of participants who hold school leadership positions worldwide
- Reflect on your practice, knowledge, skills, and understandings—and identify opportunities to apply course learnings to your unique context
- Gain first hand experience with the case-based and inductive learning model
- Learn in a flexible, online platform that creates a powerful peer-to-peer learning experience adapted to fit your busy schedule
The Certificate in School Management and Leadership (CSML), a multi-course certificate program for PreK-12 school leaders, is an innovative collaboration between the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) and Harvard Business School (HBS). Bridging the fields of business and education, CSML integrates expertise in managing teams and organizations with best practices in school and instructional leadership, to provide school leaders with frameworks, skills, and knowledge to effectively lead and drive change improvement in schools.
Hosted on the highly interactive HBS Online platform, CSML offers participants the opportunity to reflect on and apply the course learnings to their unique context, while interacting with and learning from a global network of school leaders.
The CSML certificate will be comprised of the following four courses, which can be taken independently or completed together in any order to earn a comprehensive certificate:
- Leading Change (Running July 20 - August 17, 2022)
- Leading School Strategy and Innovation (Running July 20 - August 17, 2022)
- Leading People (Running July 20 - August 17, 2022)
- Leading Learning (Running July 20 - August 17, 2022)