What you'll learn
- How to use the WordPress platform
- Ways to customize the WordPress environment
- WordPress relational databases ans programmatically querying the database
- E-commerce solutions and mobile-friendly considerations
- Site migration and maintenance
This hands-on course helps students gain an understanding of how to utilize the WordPress platform to create customized solutions to provide rich user experiences, e-commerce, and mobile-friendly websites.
WordPress is a free, open-source content management system (CMS) powering over 30 percent of all websites. Students hone programming skills by exploring various ways to customize the WordPress environment.
Course topics include programming theme files, adding custom code to a WordPress site, plugin development, programming and using shortcodes, working with the WordPress relational database, programmatically querying the database, e-commerce solutions, mobile-friendly considerations, and site migration and maintenance. Small projects facilitate practice with individual concepts culminating in a comprehensive final project to create a complete website.
You may also like
- OnlineLearn about the development of 2D and 3D interactive games in this hands-on course, as you explore the design of games such as...Free*12 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineAn introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.Free*11 weeks longAvailable now
- OnlineA gentle introduction to programming that prepares you for subsequent courses in coding.Free*3 weeks longAvailable now