What you'll learn
- Learn how to utilize the power of analytical evidence to problem solve, measure effectiveness and develop impactful policy.
- Examine real-world policy challenges and learn how to analyze, design, and recommend effective policy solutions.
- Develop fundamental skills for moral leadership and learn to instill lasting change in communities.
- View a comprehensive video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmQMBhDt5hQ
Designed by renowned Harvard Kennedy School faculty, the Public Leadership Credential is an online professional credential program that gives change-makers the skills and knowledge necessary to advance the public good and make an immediate impact in their communities.
The Public Leadership Credential from Harvard Kennedy School is designed for professionals with a bachelors degree and a minimum of five years of experience, and a commitment to the public good. Learners do not need to have advanced experience with statistics. Participation in the program requires proficiency in English and 10 to 12 hours per week dedicated to reading, viewing multimedia materials, participating in group learning activities and discussions with peers, and completing interactive assignments.
Open enrollment occurs in August and January. Visit http://www.hks.harvard.edu/educational-programs/public-leadership-credential for registration deadlines.
- The PLC is comprised of 6 six-week courses (plus a capstone) including: - Evidence for Decisions - Policy Design and Delivery - Leadership and Ethics
- Learners have the option to enroll in one course, take multiple courses, or complete all six courses and the capstone to earn the credential.
- Those who complete the full credential will be eligible to apply for a special pathway to Harvard Kennedy School’s MC/MPA Degree.
You may also like
- OnlineAn overview of divination systems, ranging from ancient Chinese bone burning to modern astrology.Free*1 week longAvailable now
- OnlineThis free online course from Harvard Kennedy School introduces approaches to analytical decision-making for policy design.Free*Available now
- OnlineProfessor Arthur Brooks discusses cutting-edge concepts that tie tactics of the most effective nonprofit leaders back to the...Free*Available now