What you'll learn
- Learn the theories and examples of the key principles driving the success of platforms
- Develop the skills you need to design and analyze multi-sided platform businesses
- Identify the optimal route to test, launch, and grow a new platform
- Practice balancing supply with demand through pricing and marketing
- Prepare your business to face competition from platform companies
- Predict the future of industries and markets as platforms continue to expand globally
Multi-sided platform businesses have massively disrupted the business world. The success of Uber and AirBnb radically altered the transportation and lodging industries. As technology continues to evolve rapidly, thousands of other platform ventures hope to have similar impacts on other sectors.
This program examines what actually happens during the design, development, launch, and scaling of a digital platform business. Moving beyond theory, participants will explore on-the-ground challenges in strategy and management that building a successful multi-sided business platform entails. Participants will identify and develop the skills they need to grow—or compete with—a multi-sided platform venture.
Participants in this interactive program will gain critical insights from detailed case studies created by industry experts and successful innovators. They will develop an in-depth understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, benefits, and consequences of this innovative business model for the different stakeholders in a platform’s ecosystem.
You may also like
- OnlineThe Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...