What you'll learn
- Review important lifestyle modification concepts for sustainable weight control within the areas of nutrition, activity, behavioral health (“mind matters”), environmental (food and social), and accountability (e.g., self-monitoring techniques)
- Describe the important practical application of a dietary pattern’s average calorie density and its role in metabolic health, especially in terms of type 2 diabetes prevention and weight management
- Identify the importance of and learn how to apply environmental and portion control with respect to nutritional behavior change
- Identify how to use ancillary specialists to enhance nutritional adherence via feedback, education, and accountability
This HMS CME Online course is targeted to Primary Care and Specialty Physicians, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners. This course may also be of interest to physicians who practice in all specialties.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
- This course is structured as follows:
Transtheoretical Stages of Change
Resources and Referrals
You may also like
- OnlineAn in-depth look at the 1854 London cholera epidemic in Soho and its importance for the field of epidemiology.
- OnlineThis course describes the differential diagnosis of six different anxiety disorders, their common comorbid conditions, and their...
- OnlineUsing real-life case scenarios, this course will highlight potential areas of risk that can be eliminated or reduced to improve...